Monday, August 04, 2008

D&G in Central Asia

While I know you're all eagerly awaiting my updates from Ukraine and Uzbekistan, it's been a little difficult to find a reliable internet connection in Southern Kyrgyzstan to upload all my photos, so you'll just have to wait a little longer.

In the meantime, I wanted to update "Cam's Law of D&G". As expected, D&G sightings have been rampant throughout Ukraine and especially the 'Stans. The most treasured sighting was this stellar example (below) of a "G&D- Dlcoe & Gabanba" rip-off I saw in a market in Osh, Kyrgyzstan, but men & women alike have been sporting vibrant D&G logos throughout our travels, furthering evidence of the existence of Cam's Law.

In another interesting development, prominent Versace logos were widespread in the ultra-low GDP per-capita Uzbekistan, especially on car seat covers, making me wonder if in fact a previously unconsidered "Law of Versace" may in fact pre-exist the Law of D&G. Further studies are warranted, but given temperatures in Uzbekistan exceeded 50 degrees Celsius (125+F), James & I were keen to move on to cooler climates.

No comments: